As it’s nearly easter, we thought it would be ok to start on some easter activities, so this week we made Easter skittles. They are very easy and fun to make, at the same time as fun to play with after. They are also a fab learning tool too.
You will need:
- 6 toilet roll tubes
- Googly eyes
To make easter skittles:
- Paint the tubes white for bunnies and/or yellow for chicks
- Once dry, glue on some googly eyes
- Draw on a nose and mouth for the bunnies and stick on a piece of triangular orange card for the chicks beaks
- Cut out bunnies ears from card and glue them on
- Cut out feet for the bunnies and chicks and glue the tube onto the feet
The skittles provided a lot of fun, both making them and playing with them. It was also good for hand eye coordination, counting, ball control, learning to take turns and helping each other.
My children had a fab time setting the skittles up for each other, counting the skittles and knocking them down of course. There were many shrieks of excitement every time just one skittle was knocked over, let alone when several were knocked down at once!
This was definitely an activity I would recommend, it provides so many fun learning opportunities.