Ever since we tried playing musical letters several months back, my children have been asking to play it again, but I kept forgetting to make the letters up for them, until now, so here is our fun afternoon of dancing, music and learning.
Musical letters is such a fantastic game. It provides exercise, dance, music, fun and learning all in one!
It is basically musical islands or musical bumps, only with letters.
- First you need to write out letters on pieces of paper or card.
- Place the letters around the floor for the children to dance around.
- The music plays. When the music stops, shout out a letter and the children have to find and sit on that letter. What better way could there be to learn letters?
- It is best to use easy letters first, then as the children learn, you can introduce more difficult letters like B and D.
- You could also use this game for numbers instead of letters, or maybe sight words once they’ve got their letters sussed.
I highly recommend this game, my girls love playing it and are really starting to remember their letters now.